Enum without suggestions in certain cases

I have a field that I normally use as an enum but now I wish to have it be either Enum and have a drop down if the view name is 1 thing or to be just a text field in another case.
2X_b_bf0a49a23121bde1ef5f90540dc3ed8dd637d8c8.png
With just the above valid if formula, I do not get my suggestions when in Deny Invoice Form.
To solve this I added a suggest value formula. This results in the suggestions being shown appropriately depending on the view, but this results in my field turning into a dropdown even when itโ€™s empty. This will confuse my users. I want the suggestions in the one view and an open text field in the other view but using the same table+column.

Solved Solved
0 4 225
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,
I think the larger more general challenge here is that a โ€œsuggested valueโ€ basically will always trigger a popdown or button UX. Even a null list e.g. List() will trigger thisโ€ฆ You might have to have three fields, two to present to the UX (with show IFS on each of them), and a third to actually capture the final data entry.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,
I think the larger more general challenge here is that a โ€œsuggested valueโ€ basically will always trigger a popdown or button UX. Even a null list e.g. List() will trigger thisโ€ฆ You might have to have three fields, two to present to the UX (with show IFS on each of them), and a third to actually capture the final data entry.

Was afraid that would be the case Adding a second field and having the initial value of the first field be the second field should work without needing a third right? The first field would be my open text and the second could have the valid if.

On โ€œadds onlyโ€ that would suffice I think. On edits? I think your third field would be a formula (and read only) based upon the first two.

Itโ€™s an add only table.

Top Labels in this Space