Enumlist from enum

Hi,

I have a user input table with an enum drop down that has 4 values that are the same as 4 column headings in my main table called Full List Table

The column in the editable table that holds this enum is called [Entry To Change]

Outlet Rating
Outlet Type
Price List
Route Code

I have another drop down enumlist that shows a list based on which ever has been selected in the previous one.

In the Valid IF box it can use IF([Entry To Change]=โ€œOutlet Ratingโ€, Full List Table[Outlet Rating]โ€ฆetc

How can I simplify the expresion to Full List Table[what ever has been selected in Entry To Change] as a dynamic enumlist.

Thanks

Phil

0 2 429
2 REPLIES 2

If Iโ€™m understanding your setup correctly, youโ€™ve got the right idea. A SWITCH() would look cleaner:

SWITCH([Entry To Change],
โ€œOutlet Ratingโ€, Full List Table[Outlet Rating],
etc.)

But if youโ€™re looking for a way to dynamically change the value inside the formula square brackets:
2X_8_882f6ce5d7b37c353b276f0d15aec1ade5085aed.png
You canโ€™t do that; thatโ€™s a part of the overlying โ€œcodeโ€ of your app. (At least I canโ€™t think of any way to do what youโ€™re thinking - the SWITCH() is what I would do.)

A completely different approach would be to use a reference system:

Hi, Thank you. Switch worked fine.

Very slow to save the form though. Maybe even too slow as a function. Still waiting for the โ€œchange value in certain columns on the flyโ€ funtion to appear on appsheet. Will open up my app so much.

Phil

Top Labels in this Space