EnumList selection

I have a form with an EnumList field, to populate it I’m using a Valid if SELECT(Table[field],[column]=“value1”). This table has a number column that I want to SUM up as I select them from my EnumList. please help…

0 9 1,357
9 REPLIES 9

Are you trying to SUM up this EnumList column’s value?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I don’t believe you can get a sum of the selected EnumList vales as the values are being selected. The sum will only be calculated after the user has completed their selection.

@Soldy_ALDC
I’m afraid you cannot sum the enumlist content live whilst you are selecting items from a dropdown.

Guys… if the column type is EnumList and the base type is number, you can sum your selections with a simple formula like SUM([EnumListColumn]).

@Aleksi
Yes it’s and to get a live preview of the sum whilst selecting the items could be possible with a small subset of numbers and using buttons. But it might not be so simple with a dropdown. I meant in that way when saying it’s not so possible

Well… we can just guess what the goal sould be

@Soldy_ALDC
You can see it in action in my community sample app. Just click on your name and add a record, and select numbers. You will see the sum below. I have used buttons but I’m not so sure about the dropdown because the dropdown field will somehow curtain the sum field I believe. But of course @Aleksi might offer better solution(s).

thanks everyone, I got it to work…

2X_c_ce885f4cfadc009ecaf10fdc45bf39ef6f6bc236.png
Virus-free. www.avg.com

Thanks for the pointers here @Aleksi and @LeventK I have added a COUNT() Column which I will use in an app.

Top Labels in this Space