Error Cloning App: A table with the name already exists in the database

Dear community,

I tried copying an existing App to a MySQL Database by following this documentation: Copying an Existing App to a SQL Database | AppSheet Help Center

But received this error message:

3X_9_1_91cebc400772ec31cc59836ee8953f709d608090.png

Creating a new App with the MySQL Database and cloning it to Google Sheet first works but if I try cloning it back to MySQL the same error message appears.

What am I doing wrong?

Solved Solved
0 2 109
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Youโ€™re not doing anything wrong. Itโ€™s just not possible to copy an app to an SQL datasource if any of the table names already exist in the SQL source.

Itโ€™s different when copying an app to a spreadsheet because the table names only have to be unique to that โ€˜containerโ€™ or workbook. But with SQL datasources, the table name has to be unique to the whole database instance.

I ran into this same problem when trying to establish shared tables between multiple apps using SQL datasources. I had support look into it but there was no possible fix. Itโ€™s just the nature of the datasource and namespace.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Youโ€™re not doing anything wrong. Itโ€™s just not possible to copy an app to an SQL datasource if any of the table names already exist in the SQL source.

Itโ€™s different when copying an app to a spreadsheet because the table names only have to be unique to that โ€˜containerโ€™ or workbook. But with SQL datasources, the table name has to be unique to the whole database instance.

I ran into this same problem when trying to establish shared tables between multiple apps using SQL datasources. I had support look into it but there was no possible fix. Itโ€™s just the nature of the datasource and namespace.

Thanks @GreenFlux!!!

Changing the table name in Data > Tables did the trick.

Top Labels in this Space