Error during copy app

I use the copy app feature to make a backup of my app. Today I got a strange error. It happened each time I tried to copy the same app. Any ideas what this means? Thanks,

3X_2_2_220ac0a4305740bcc80f4f4a7621ecd97820ca9e.png

Solved Solved
0 5 577
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Itโ€™s an internal problem. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Itโ€™s an internal problem. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Hi @Lucinda_Mason,

Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s related but Iโ€™ve been getting the Error Cloning App message too. I contacted support yesterday and theyโ€™ve passed it up the chainโ€ฆ Waiting to see what they sayโ€ฆ

Support came back with an answerโ€ฆ The resolution for my issue was cloning the app without making a copy of the data at the same timeโ€ฆ If the highlighted option is left unchecked, the app copies and points back to the original data source(s)โ€ฆ
3X_d_e_de0bbf056a2dc9a0867aa89df81bb8e843e40555.png

thanks for posting. Have you ever had trouble copying your data source with the app?

Hi @Lucinda_Mason,

No, thatโ€™s a new thingโ€ฆ My app is crammed with a lot of very expensive (and not very efficient) expressions. Sync times are dismal. I guess that has something to do with the data copy issue. My assumption is that when you try to copy the data along with the app it tests the expressions against the data at the same time and this causes the issueโ€ฆ?

I was able to clone my app without error but I am still unable to use the expression testing function. I raised this with support too and will report back when I hear from themโ€ฆ

This is the error Iโ€™m gettingโ€ฆ
3X_0_b_0bacc8a6b9ea1b5156c19d9a71313694ef722028.png

Top Labels in this Space