Error & Warning : "Unable to find values for validation in 'Sheet_Name'" How can I find the column that is missing the associated data validation list. (WARNING EMPTY ENUM)

Error & Warning : “Unable to find values for validation in ‘Sheet_Name’” (WARNING EMPTY ENUM)

Purpose: To find the column that is missing the associated data validation list.

Problem: The Error & Warning does not tell me which column is missing the data. I have hundreds of columns.

I assume there is no solution for this. I just wait until luckily find the column.
Thank you for reading.

0 4 203
4 REPLIES 4

If I understand your problem and requirement correctly, you want to quickly check if you placed some values to valid if constrain or not globally in your app, and wish to search those quickly?

No one shot solution available for the moment, but I would suggest you go to app documentation where you see all the app configulation you made.

On this page, hit CTRL + F, and then type valid_if

keep hitting enter button, to move the next hit result.

It looks like this.

\

You still need to check one by one

Valid_if : null

There is no constrain.

Thank you tsuji_koichi,

This is very helpful, thank you.
To be precise, the problem is not valid_if but EnumValues.

Thanks to your help, I could check all the EnumValues. But all the EnumValues are not empty.

So now, my hypothesis is the Google Sheet’s Data Validation’s List (list-from-a-range) is lacking items. This causes the WARNING: “Unable to find values for validation in”.

Should I fulfill the area of list-from-a-range with items ???
Or reduce the area of list-from-a-range?
Ah, that’s too much work. Impossible.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What does the More Info link tell you?

It says about WARNING EMPTY ENUM.

Top Labels in this Space