Estimate App - looking up prices and adding

I am trying to create a view to create estimates, but I am having trouble with the expressions. I’ve tried to search around a bit, but can’t find my particular example. Can anyone help me out with the expression to calculate the total?

I want to add the price of 4 items and quantities to equal a total.

Example: (item 1 price * item 1 qty) + (item 2 price * item 2 qty) + (item 3 price * item 3 qty) + (item 4 price * item 4 qty) = total

Item prices are in a table named “Specbook”, columns are “SKU” and “SKU price”

0 4 174
4 REPLIES 4

It is not exactly clear , how your app is structured. For example what if there are 3 or 5 items instead of 4 you have shown, the expression will need modifications, unelss 4 items are standard in estimates.

However, you may wish to take a look at the sample app referred below"Order Capture" . Here Products is equivalent to Items (SKU) in your case and products table is equivalent to “Specbook” table in your case.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-app-for-managing-customers-products-and-orders?appGuidString=83b...

The selection of quantities and then corresponding prices for each item and then total happens in Order details view in the app.

I spent quite a lot of time trying to replicate this into my app, but I cannot get the section of adding products into the new order screen. It seems the forms from the slice are not auto generating. How can I get the add button on the order entry screen?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar I’ve taken some time away from this project but I’m ready to proceed again. Are there any paid resources or can I pay you to build this portion of my app? Please forgive me if this is not allowed in this forum. I am under a time crunch. Please let me know.

Top Labels in this Space