Event Action when Form Saved I have a Child ...

Event Action when Form Saved

I have a Child Table. In the Form View I set Event Action - Form Saved to an Action that sets a column to a specific value. Works fine. But when I add an entry in the parent table and also add a child record, then the Action is not fired. Am I missing something?

0 9 1,410
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

Sounds like a bug to me.

tony1

@Fabian Itโ€™s possible that โ€œForm Savedโ€ actions donโ€™t apply to nested forms. Adding @Adam_Stone_AppSheet

@tony @Adam_Stone_AppSheet Did you have the oportunity to look on that? I would really need this option. Thank you very much

@Adam FYI: This still is not working for me.

Form Saved action is only applied in top level forms. This is due to actions more generally not being supported within forms (with the top level form, the action runs after the form session has ended). We are in the process of infrastructure changes that should eventually enable actions to work within forms.

@Adam Any more activity for resolution of this?

For everyoneโ€™s edification, there are two use cases of editing/adding children AND updating a Parent field based on child results.

1. Edit/Add of a child while in Edit mode of the Parent.
  2. Direct Edit/Add of a child - e.g. select child row when in Details view of Parent.

It currently does not appear we can edit both ways in the UI and have the Parent properly update. Its one or the other.

Workarounds are:

1. update after the fact with action on Save or a Workflow.
  2. disabling capability of editing one of the ways - most likely direct edit of the child.

Hi Adam,
how is the status to this issue?
Have there been some updates regarding this? (I am currently stucked on this problem too.)

Thank you

Still not solved. 

An event action for form saved on a child is not triggered when child is created inside parent adding editor.

It took me 2 weeks to figure this out. 

Please at least update the Event Action Form Saved documentation with more details.

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? I have a looped behaviour that I need executed on a child form. Automations won't work on account of the loop. 

Top Labels in this Space