Exception to linktoview action. Need one of icons to open a webpage

Ratatosk
Participant V

Hi, I’ve made a menu page which works fabously with an action with linktoview. But I need one of the icons to open a webpage. I can’t figure out a way to circumvent this. Or maybe this is not possible?

Solved Solved
0 2 151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreenFlux
Participant V

Create a separate action for the external page link, and set the condition to only run for that one row of your menu view. Update the LINKTOVIEW action to run on all rows except the external link menu row.

Then add a 3rd action to group the two actions and set this action as the row select behavior for the gallery view.

Or you could split the menu into a dashboard into two slices, and have a separate section for external links. This might be better if you have several external links, but the grouped button is probably better if there is only the one exception.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GreenFlux
Participant V

Create a separate action for the external page link, and set the condition to only run for that one row of your menu view. Update the LINKTOVIEW action to run on all rows except the external link menu row.

Then add a 3rd action to group the two actions and set this action as the row select behavior for the gallery view.

Or you could split the menu into a dashboard into two slices, and have a separate section for external links. This might be better if you have several external links, but the grouped button is probably better if there is only the one exception.

I see. No wonder i couldn’t figure this out!

Thank you so much.

Top Labels in this Space