Exclude Data

Hi Guys.
I have a slice which returns a [TransportType] which the data returned would contain the following values.

COLLECTION
DELIVERY
MAKE AVAILABLE

In the slice, how do I exclude MAKE AVAILABLE ?

In my world of Access Queries it would be something like NotIn(“MAKE AVAILABLE”) so what would be the syntax in the slice and where would I put this in the editor?

Kind Regards

0 8 536
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hmmm… I don’t understand your use of the terms “slice” and “return”. I would have to guess that you want to create a slice that includes only rows with a TransportType column value that is not MAKE AVAILABLE. To do so, use the following as the slice’s row filter expression:

("MAKE AVAILABLE" <> [TransportType])

Can this be extended Steve.

("MAKE AVAILABLE" ,"COLLECTION",<> [TransportType])

Multiple parameters as above?

It certainly could! Try and figure it out and let us know what you find.

OR([JobStatus] = “AUTHORISED”, [JobStatus] = “COMPLETE”,[JobStatus] = “ESTIMATED”,[JobStatus] = “AUTH-REQUEST”,[JobStatus] = “APPOINTMENT”,[JobStatus] = “NOTIFICATION”,[JobStatus] = “IN-PROGRESS”)

Thanks Steve, this seems to give me the filtered data I need ( Based on a different dataset but its correct)

Kind Regards

how about…

in([JobStatus], list(“AUTHORISED”, “COMPLETE”, “ESTIMATED”, “AUTH-REQUEST”, “APPOINTMENT”, “NOTIFICATION”, “IN-PROGRESS”))

Whenever I get a list of options this big, I typically start thinking backwards - what statuses do I NOT want - that might be a shorter list.

Good shout… Thnks for your version.

Kind Regards

Not(in(“Make Available”, [TransportType]))

Cheers Guys

Top Labels in this Space