Expandable Field

Is it currently possible to create a field, say a score for an applicant to a job, that displays a value and when this value is clicked it expands and shows “sub-fields”? My idea and purpose for such a feature is to show an overall score then allow a recruiter to click the score and see all the sub-scores that were averaged to make the overall. I don’t want it to open another view that shows the scores.

0 5 521
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You could use a Ref value for this, I’d think. The Ref would refer to a row in another table that contains the "sub-fields*, and a column to contain the computed average. The computed-average column would be the label column, so it’s value would be displayed where the Ref value is used.

I have all the sub-fields in the original record. I also don’t want them to always be shown, only when they click a button which is attached to the score.

Ah, okay. You’ll need to add a Yes/No or Enum column that indicates whether the sub-fields should be shown or hidden. Then give each of the sub-fields a Show? expression that responds appropriately to that indicator column.

That was the idea that I came up with after my last reply. It worked as I wanted, but as for resetting the flag column after they are done with that row my only idea is a grouped action that resets the flag and a link to row action. Any better idea or would that be the optimal way to do it?

Set Reset on edit to ON then set the initial value to whatever you want the user to start with each time.

Top Labels in this Space