Exploring AppSheet <> Gmail Add-On Integration

eddie1

Hello, app creators! We’re in the very early stages of exploring the possibility of creating a Gmail add-on if there’s a strong use case that we can meet.

Are there any repetitive tasks that you’re currently performing on Gmail? If so, can you please describe the task along with any ideal state solutions you can envision? Thanks so much!

12 13 3,168
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @eddie We get Error Messages from machines. They send it to a gmail address. Then we use Zapier “Create a new row in Google Sheet when Email comes in” or the AppSheet “Create Record”.
Then a notification informs the User.

With an integrated solution, we would not have to use Zapier.

Thanks for the feedback! Email and metadata to spreadsheet row would definitely be something we explore if we end up moving forward with this.

Could be pretty handy!

Before spending too much time, I’d first look at the functionality you get from something like Zapier linking Google Sheets and Gmail. Seems silly to waste dev time on something that already exists.

But if you are going ahead, I’d like to seem some sort of parsing of the email body and or attachment which could result in adding or updating rows into the App

Simon@1minManager.com

More easy Native/In-App integrations negating need to learn & manage 3rd Party systems… it’s a GOOD thing! Like it! *Hi eddie! & WELCOME to this amazing Community!!

Thanks, Stephen! Appreciate the feedback too

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hi
Any solution that helps bypass the google daily limitation by adding an API would be great, as google scripts dont always allow that.

Hi @eddie,

Is this project plan eventually pushed forward at the end, or uncertain, or died out?

I actually placed feature request like this and then found out this thread afterwards. Not sure Gmail add-in you mentioned in your original post means Gmail stands as data source to Appsheet app though.

Appreciate if you could share some secret in terms of roadmap and ongoing project in dev team in this regard.

Hey @eddie

I’ve had a client request the ability to see emails between him and his clients INSIDE the appsheet app.

I’ve found plenty of freely available Apps Scripts that I could use to create a bridge between Gmail and a table I’ll create to mirror the data in the emails.

I’m just wondering, with 2021 and all that, if there might have been progress made on this front so I won’t have to go through all this hoopla with a mirroring-table.

Thanks!!! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Hello! We are very interested in a CRM capability so that we can see all emails to a client on our app.

Any pointers on how to achieve this??

Thanks!

For now, integromat is a great option.

This might be of help

HI @eddie1 there are numerous use cases, some of which some have already been mentioned, like CRM.  I.e. being able to see email body and any attachments that has been tagged or labeled in Gmail in an AppSheet app. I am looking to manually create this feature myself probably using GAS. Other examples, where invoices are received for payment relating to a specific work-package generated via AppSheet. It is a real pain to manually have to load the attached invoice PDF into the app each time, to flag that it needs payment. Far better to have AppSheet automatically do this, if it knew what to look-out for.

Any timescales on whether this will be implemented. It's been a while already.