Export CSV File from a filtered slice view is blank

I have created an Action to export CSV file for a slice table view which has some security filters for the respective users to display. While clicking the action, the CSV file generated is completely blank. Can you please guide me, where the things has gone wrong or what are the criteria for such actions to be active. Are these security filters are the issue??

1 18 2,904
18 REPLIES 18

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I believe CSV export only works in the browser-based app, not the mobile app. Are you using a mobile app?

Mr. Steve I am trying from the browser only. Blank sheet is getting downloaded.

Unfortunately, I really donโ€™t have any experience with CSV downloads, so Iโ€™ll have to let someone else help you. Alternatively, you could try contacting support@appsheet.com directly.

Resolvedโ€ฆThanks

How did you resolve it?

As per the communication given by โ€œGreenFluxโ€ followed below links. I didnโ€™t changed anything. Export to CSV works in table view not in Dashboard view. I was trying to get the data downloaded from Dashboard view.

Itโ€™s probably a bug.
https://community.appsheet.com/t/new-bug-encountered-csv-download-action-returns-blank-file-from-das...

https://community.appsheet.com/t/new-bug-encountered-csv-export-action-downloads-empty-file-when-use...

Thanks to GreenFlux

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Iโ€™m working on a fix for this, hopefully next week.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

The fix is in, likely deployed tomorrow.

@Steve_Howard was the fix for this deployed yesterday?

@Steve_Howard, any update on this? Iโ€™m still getting blank CSVs when downloaded from a filtered slice or dashboard.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for the slow response.

We fixed the most basic case, which is that dashboards prevented you from exporting CSV at all. This seemed to be the common factor in discussions about this bug. Since it still doesnโ€™t work for your case, Iโ€™ll have to go back and take another look, for which I donโ€™t currently have an ETA.

No worries. Thanks for following up, @Steve_Howard.

I just now checked again to confirm, and it is still downloading column headers only, when on a filtered slice in a dashboard. Thank you for looking into it.

Message me if you would like the app-name and account for an example to test.

I also have issue of downloading the CSV file for a slice. File generated have headers on first row but with blank data.

I found that using the Preview As in the editor does not give the expected results for Creating a CSV file. It uses my login for producing the file. Could that be what is happening to you?

Iโ€™m downloading from a slice. Prototype app. Simple export to CSV. Not using a template. Called by an Overlay Action on a Table view.

Is there some fix to this? I am facing this problem where the (export csv of view) action appears in the detail view of row. And clicking on it downloads a blank file.
Ideally, It should appear overlaying a tables view and download csv of that view.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Is this problem fixed? I faced the same issue in a dashboard view. Even after expanding the table part of the view, export action icon appears, but the downloaded file contains only headers.

Top Labels in this Space