Export to csv works fine on my desktop but wh...

Export to csv works fine on my desktop but when I try to do the same thing in Android on my phone it almost always hangs with a white screen, although very occasionally it has done the export OK. Any suggestions?

0 11 2,241
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @David_V, I donโ€™t think CSV export is supported on mobile (@praveen correct me if Iโ€™m wrong here). Based on this similar post: Download as CSV insโ€™t working on iPhoneโ€ฆ Downloading CSV in the browser orโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Thatโ€™s correct.

Hi,

Does the issue with download csv solved?

As I am having the same issue that download button works fine on my desktop but not on my android phone.

If not, can you suggest some other way to download data from the app?

Thanks in advance.

Nidhi

As per the original reply it only works on desktop, I think because they didnโ€™t see any need for it to work on Android.
Actually I import the data into another app (Quizlet) so it would be useful but itโ€™s not a big deal for me to wait till Iโ€™m on a desktop.

@Nidhi_Shrivastava If you want to create a CSV from the mobile, you should create a Save File / CSV with the Workflow. For that purpose you need to create a template. When the template is created, you need to create a Workflow with two actions. The first action will create that CSV and next one sends it with the email. The easiest way to trigger that Workflow would be an action button that could write userโ€™s email address and Datetime value into a suitable field. You could do that with USEREMAIL()&"#"&NOW() and then you can read the user for your emailโ€™s TO field like INDEX(SPLIT([ColumnName],"#"),1). For doing this, your app needs authentication though.

Hi Aleksi,

I want to add some data which is repeat group (allow to enter data for a group of questions) (as in odk collect) depending on the total number of participants.

Thanks in advance.
Nidhi

Thanks Aleksi. I tried what you discussed but I am getting one error while creating a template for the CSV workflow in the

<<Start: Select(MyTable[MyKey], TRUE)>> statement.

I am unable to get the Mykey of my app. Where to find it? Your reply will be a great help.

Thanks
Nidhi

I am just jumping in here so may not fully understand your challengeโ€ฆ butโ€ฆ

I think @Aleksi is just showing you an example how to set up the Select statement. MyTable[MyKey] suggested using the table name you want the data to come from, and the name of the โ€œkey columnโ€ for that table ([MyKey]). Check the โ€œColumnsโ€ setup in your app editor for that table, and one of the columns has been defined as the KEY. Hope that helps.

Thanks very much I will do as you said.

Nidhi Shrivastava
Dehradun

Sorry, Iโ€™m not able to understand your request. Are you able to share some printscreens that would explain your case little deeper, thanks.

I am able to see the csv data on my iphone when i clicked on the export csv action. Itโ€™s not the csv file but just a table of field. But on my android phone i see a white screen. Any idea on this? Appreciate if anyone can render some help. Thank you very much.

Top Labels in this Space