Expression Assistant in UX/VIEWS - Display/Show if does not provide expression builder help

Unlike the SLICE Row Filter expression builder, when you write expressions for a VIEW “Show if” expression, there is no help provided to pick columns, functions, or syntax information.

This is a really helpful feature and would think it should be implemented for all expression dialogs. The inconsistency can be very confusion and creates inefficiency. In my case, I am cheating by building expressions in the SLICE dialog and then pasting that into the VIEW Show if.

When creating a ROW FILTER for a SLICE user expression building guidance:
1X_295ecd01896b1342524f439d45777bf596cdf4f3.png

But when creating a VIEW Show if expression, there seems to be no guidance:

Status Open
2 7 863
7 Comments
Michael2

@Mike I have the expression reference in the builder when creating a Show_If.

I have run into this issue before though. Try canceling, saving the editor and trying again.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@Michael - it repeated a few times. Let me take another look and try in another browser as well…

tony1

Hi @Mike. @Joseph_Ryan is looking into this issue, he’ll get back to you.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Thanks @tony and @Joseph_Ryan. I rechecked, and in Chrome browser, if I try to define a Show if expression in a View, the Expression Assistant does not show the column and function tips/options.

tony1

We’ve put in a fix for this and it should go out tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it up.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@tony - did i forget to say … you guys are awesome!! Not something we can’t work around, but makes editor experience inconsistent. Much appreciated.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager