EXPRESSION ASSISTANT is unable to find an existing column when submitting a Reports Condition. Help!

Bibi

I want to schedule a monthly report that makes a sum of a specific column at the end of each month for that last month. (i.e. On the 5th of month “m”, I would receive a report from the 1st day to the last day of month “m-1”). I tried the following condition: MONTH([Date])=Month(Today()-1). However, AppSheet gives me the following error: Unable to find column ‘Date. Now I’ve double and triple checked, the column DOES exist (both in AppSheet and in Google Sheets) AND I’ve listed the correct table name for the report. So what am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug from AppSheet? Thanks for your help!

0 1 1,147
1 REPLY 1

You have probably set the option “Create report” as “ForEntireTable”. When you do that, you can’t evaluate like you have done because for every row, the result can be either true or false and the app can’t decide what to do. If you need to use “ForEntireTable”, you should create a slice with your condition and then use it as a source for your report.

Top Labels in this Space