Expression Assistant. Move Save to top. And/or make bottom portion expandable/collapsable

When you first open the expression assistant you see this:

Then you have to wait a second or two before it loads the rest of it:

This is really jarring and inefficient if you’re trying to move fast in the editor. Extremely often, I will already have an expression copied and ready to paste, so all I need to do is open, paste, save. But that’s super hard because the “Save” button is going to move position after a certain amount of time, so I either have to unnecessarily wait for that delay, or try to move extra fast and risk clicking save before it has a chance to move (thus possibly clicking on something else accidentally).

This can be solved by 1 or 2 options, and preferably both.

1. Re-locate the Save button to the top of the window, instead of the expanding bottom. Something like this:

2. Make the bottom portion of the expression assistant a collapsible/expandable section, that initially loads in a collapsed state (or create a user-configurable editor option for the initial state).

Thanks for considering!

Edit:
Possible option #3. Let Ctrl-S keyboard shortcut work to save the expression. Currently, doing that from inside the expression assistant just saves the entire editor.

Status Open
6 7 315
7 Comments
Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

YES, PLEASE!!! The jumping Save button drives me crazy!

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Bahhhhhh! It just hurts my very soul when all I need to do is delete some appsheet-auto-suggestion in initial expression, but I have to wait for the assistant to fully load before I can click save.

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

I find it very annoying too.
As a workaround, have you tried using it with “examples” section collapsed?
I barely use it anyway:

Edit: Just to make it clear, it’s thanks to QREW Tools Extension

Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

“Examples” is from QREW extension, not Appsheet.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Design by someone who doesn’t use AppSheet regularly.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

lizlynch
Staff

Just an update -- a ticket for this enhancement request has been opened.