Expression Builder NOT Detecting Missing Squa...

Colin1

Expression Builder NOT Detecting Missing Square Bracket

I have noticed a problem with Expression Builder where it is not detecting a Missing Square Bracket like in the following:

=IFS((SEND_MESSAGE_YN] = True),

TIMENOW() )

The column is ‘SEND_MESSAGE_YN]’, missing the opening square bracket. When I click the Verify button it is not noticing this.

On the contary, when I have a missing round bracket like the following:

=IFS(([SEND_MESSAGE_YN] = True),

TIMENOW()

When I click the Verify button, it detects the last open bracket at the end of the expression with this error message:

"Expression '=IFS(([SEND_MESSAGE_YN] = True), TODAY() ’ could not be parsed due to exception: Number of opened and closed parentheses does not match. "

Can you please clarify this?

0 3 321
3 REPLIES 3

I tried with exactly same column names and I couldn’t reproduce that kind of behavior. Do you have any other details that could affect this issue? Where did you use that builder?

Colin1

On my windows 10 operating system desktop computer in a google chrome browser. Any other details: I cannot think of anything significant. The data is coming from a excel spreadsheet.

Where did you use the builder? In “Edit column definition”? In the workflow? Somewhere else? I just want to try if there is any difference? Printscreen about it?

Top Labels in this Space