Expression Error

I am trying to generate an if/then expression for if my Qty on Hand column drops below 2* my Monthly Average column, it will show a red bell next to the item. I have used the formula exactly as Iโ€™ve seen in appsheet exapmles, [Qty on Hand]<2*[Monthly Average]. But when I insert the first column, Qty on Hand, it gives me this error:
The expression is valid but its result type โ€˜Numberโ€™ is not one of the expected types: Yes/No
Any ideas? Itโ€™s causing me lots of frustration and bad words at my computer. Thanks.

0 7 381
7 REPLIES 7

To show a red bell icon, you should be putting this expression into the condition field of a format rule. Is that what you are doing?

What do you mean by โ€œwhen I insert the first column, Qty on Handโ€ ?

Any screenshots you can provide will also help a great deal.

I mean, when I click on the flask, and go to โ€˜columnsโ€™ tab, I insert (right blue button) the [Qty on Hand] column then get the first error image I posted above. Then I continue typing the expression and get the second error image posted above. Iโ€™m really new to this so maybe itโ€™s something really silly Iโ€™m overlooking, but my app seems to work otherwise.

Well the first error is just because you havenโ€™t finished writing the expression.

The second error suggests that your Monthly Average column is not a number or decimal type column.

ok, thanks on the heads up for the first โ€˜errorโ€™, will ignore that.
I changed my Monthly Average column to a number format (it was not set to any, but thereโ€™s only numbers in it, so maybe โ€œautomaticโ€ format by default) but itโ€™s still giving me the same errorโ€ฆ

This is where you change a column type.

Thank you thank you!!! It works!! I was changing the format in my spreadsheet but not in the appsheet spot, so once I did that, and reformatted tables/refreshed it worked. Youโ€™re the best and thanks for your help!!

Top Labels in this Space