Expression help to not send myself an email

Hello,

I am trying to write an expression to send an email if a task is created and assigned to someone else, or an exsisting tasks owner is changed. I have it set to updates & adds.

My isssue is, if you update a task, or create a new task to yourself you are getting the email as well. I only want the email to send if the owner is different after the save, or when creating a new task the owenr is DIFFERENT then the current useremail making the tasks.

I am struggling with the expressions.

The first expression is easy rowbefore.owner <> rowafter.owner
Not sure how to check if its a new task and that im not just making myself a task cause then I wouldnt want an email saying โ€œA task has been assigned to youโ€ฆby youโ€

Solved Solved
0 3 103
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@QREW_Cale, your expression is equivalent to @Brandon_Ekbataniโ€™s originalโ€“I would expect it to behave the same.

I would try this:

IF(
  ISBLANK([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner]),
  ([Owner] <> USEREMAIL()),
  ([Owner] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner])
)

Note that [Owner] and [_THISROW_AFTER].[Owner] refer to the same value.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey Brandon_Ekbatani,

Would it potentially work if you give it an if() statement to force it to be true if the Owner before and after wasnโ€™t equal?

Likeโ€ฆ
if(
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Owner],
TRUE,
FALSE
)

I believe if the bot is set up to send an email on an update and this is the trigger expression it should send an email if they donโ€™t equal before and after. If someone has a more clear expression I am open to critique, but that would be my suggestion at least.

Hope that helps,
Cale

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@QREW_Cale, your expression is equivalent to @Brandon_Ekbataniโ€™s originalโ€“I would expect it to behave the same.

I would try this:

IF(
  ISBLANK([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner]),
  ([Owner] <> USEREMAIL()),
  ([Owner] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Owner])
)

Note that [Owner] and [_THISROW_AFTER].[Owner] refer to the same value.

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space