expression to auto calculate current age ?...

expressions
(MRK Matrimony) #1

expression to auto calculate current age ?

(Bellave Jayaram) #2

YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR([Date of Birth])

(MRK Matrimony) #3

yes i did that but i get age 1 year elder

(MRK Matrimony) #4

not happening. any example PLZ@Bellave_Jayaram

(Bellave Jayaram) #5

Sorry, don’t have any example - I take back what I said about doing it directly as app formula in the AGE column. You

will need a VC since you need to compare TODAY() with a Date datatype.

(MRK Matrimony) #6

Can i use this IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH(Birthdate),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),IF(AND(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(Birthdate),DAY(TODAY())>=DAY(Birthdate)),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate))-1))

found it on google… can i use if expression with number value…??

(Bellave Jayaram) #7

See this - plus.google.com - If anyone is looking for automatically calculate an age from a date… heres … If anyone is looking for automatically calculate an age from a date… heres … plus.google.com

(Stephen Mattison) #8

@Bellave_Jayaram Oh yea, that is a kickass post right there!

Got it working like a charm! I actually made all choices for month, day, and year into enum buttons to eliminate any typo errors. Sweet!

(MRK Matrimony) #9

trying to search to match right age as per age this year before “birth day”

(MRK Matrimony) #10

@Bellave_Jayaram

trying to search to match right age as per age this year before “birth day”

(MRK Matrimony) #11

@Bellave_Jayaram

I also tried This =(YEAR(TODAY()) - YEAR([D.O.B])) - (MONTH(TODAY()) - MONTH([D.O.B]))

but this gives me age 2 years Elder

(MRK Matrimony) #12

suppose the DOB is “02/02/1990” the age now is 27, but with

YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR([Date of Birth]) this expression it gives me output as “28”

where in 28 gets completed on 02/02/2018. @Bellave_Jayaram

(Bellave Jayaram) #13

Make a VC for birthday this year and compare TODAY() with that Date. Use a formula for your VC and set it to Date datatype. Something like =CONCATENATE(MONTH([Date]),"/",DAY([Date]),"/",YEAR(TODAY())) Then use an IF formula to subtract or add 1 as needed.

(MRK Matrimony) #14

okay will try

(MRK Matrimony) #15

i want to enter a right AGE of person in Age column how will VC help me. any example can u display …

(Bellave Jayaram) #16

You can either do the age calculation in the VC and set the AGE app formula as [VC] so it will get written to the sheet OR you could put the app formula directly in the AGE column.