Expression to choose the value of this row

I need to choose the value of Current Trx Amount] from a particular row (chosen by the user). I have an expression, but it is wrong. How can i do this?

Expression:
SELECT(AR[Current Trx Amount], ([Customer Number] = [_THISROW].[Customer Number]))

Table = AR
Value needed per row = [Current Trx Amount]

0 24 317
24 REPLIES 24

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How is the row chosen by the user?

I built an action button that โ€œadds a new row to another table using values from this rowโ€

NOTE - i changed the value - [Current Trx Amount] - as my expression kept giving me errorsโ€ฆ

None of this makes any sense. Please try describing the problem again.

Sorry. I have a Table A that has rows of customer data. I need to be able to move that particular row of information (row needs to be determined by the row i click on using the action button). I need that row to be copied and moved to Table B. In Table B i can now perform my email and text actions (working fine).

Problem i am having - the row moves from Table A to Table B fine, but does not carry/move the specific [Current Trx Amount] based on the row i choose to move.

In the image below - i want to be able to choose the document number โ€œ212788โ€ and it move the [Amount] column (which is the Current Trx Amount column in question). It does not. It does not move $132.81, it moves $2052.09. Which i donโ€™t understand why, nor do i want that.

So the user clicks on a row in Table A, clicks a button that fires an action to create a new row in Table B from the data in that row in Table A. All of the data from the Table A row successfully makes it to the new Table B row except for the Current Trx Amount column value, even though that column is clearly referenced in the action.

Yes?

Yes!

It makes it to my table - but it does not choose that specific Current Trx Amount - [Amount]

Please post a screenshot of the Current Trx Amount column configuration screen for Table B.

Does the new Current Trx Amount column have an app formula or initial value?

Does the new Current Trx Amount column occur twice in the action?

Does the unwanted new Current Trx Amount column value of 2052.09 correspond to any one column value from the old row?

Does the new Current Trx Amount column have an app formula or initial value? No

Does the new Current Trx Amount column occur twice in the action? No

Does the unwanted new Current Trx Amount column value of 2052.09 correspond to any one column value from the old row? Yes. I created a VC that uses the original [Current Trx Amount]:

SUM(select(AR[Current Trx Amount], [Current Trx Amount] = _THISROW))

Is that the actual expression? _THISROW, used like that, is meaningless.

Yeah i figured - i am getting no value from that VC. I was going to just delete it. Is that a problem with this not working?

What are you trying to accomplish with [Current Trx Amount] = _THISROW?

with that VC i was trying to get the Total (sum) of all current Trx. But now that i am saying it -makes zero sense when it will be just the one value anyway of that row. However, i still need the action to give me that Current Trx Amount for the row i select.

In that case, yes, delete the VC. Does that fix the problem?

I deleted it - but i am still not getting that particular row ( i choose) Current Trx Amount. But i also dont have an expression. I simply have this:

What does this mean?

do i need an expression so it chooses that row?

So that what chooses which row?

Based on what Iโ€™ve been able to glean from you vague answers, the action you have set currently should work fine.

I am asking when the user clicks on the action button - i need that rows information sent to my Table B. But it does not choose that row (Current Trx Amount) to move to Table B.

Table B Data from action:

I am noticing it is only moving one Document number - and that document number should determine which Current Trx Amount.

You should probably engage support@appsheet.com directly for this. It would probably be faster for someone to look at you app directly.

ok. Thanks Steve.

Hi @Tiger
Is your column called โ€œAmountโ€ or Current Trx Amount ?

the actual column is [Current Trx Amount] - i just display it as Amoung.

Top Labels in this Space