Extra blanket rows required with multiple tablbes

Why do some tables require multiple empty lines between the heading and the first row that appears

3X_8_3_83d7821dbdebcbf6d8d3c3b0d28f5b36768dd143.png

I have multi tables in my app and some require empty rows like the one above, and I donโ€™t
understand why this is?

Can someone please explain it to me?

0 8 163
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, any chance that these are deleted records? Because when you delete a record, your app doesnโ€™t delete the row from your spreadsheetโ€ฆ it just clear it.

they are read only tables

Then how did you added those rowsโ€ฆ?

How do you see that it needs blank rows in the beginning? What kind of error/alert?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no such requirement. What makes you think there is?

When I add tables to appsheet, some tables donโ€™t display row two, three, or four, thatโ€™s when I add blank rows so row 2 which after adding the blank rows is row 6 and row 6 is the first thing that shows up in the table, the rows donโ€™t have to be blank, I can put the heading in all the rows and still only row 6 will show, and this is only on a few tables out of multiple tables.

It may be that itโ€™s not recognizing your header row. Be sure to bold the header row.

See also:

One reason could be that you donโ€™t have anything with the key column. If the key columnโ€™s value is missing, you are not able see those records with the app.

Top Labels in this Space