Extra Header for Deck Views OR LongText Secondary Header can be displayed on two rows in Deck View

Hello,

I guess the need for an Extra Header Row for the Deck View, must have been expressed before and it would really be necessary for mobile Views where the summary column is very little and the Two Headers are in so many cases too little to pass on the information needed.

But, if setting up a Third Header is not an option, would it be possible to allow the Secondary Header to display on two Rows?

So, if I make a Virtual Column as a LongText Type with a formula:

CONCATENATE(
[Column 1 Info]&"
"&[Column 2 Info]
)

could it be allowed to enlarge the Deck and display the information of each column on a separate row in the Deck View?

Thank you,
Sorin

Status Open
19 6 1,214
6 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

Have you tried to use Card view?

sorin_mihai
Participant V

… that’s a different View completely … it doesn’t really help in these cases.
I have no images nor need to share or collect hearts … there are only two action buttons …

Aleksi
Staff

If you don’t have any image column it will hide that area and the title can use the whole width. The description can show more than just one line. Those two action buttons will show your own icon, not the heart or share.

Fabian_Weller
Participant V

One Problem: Card Views don’t display NewLines.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

KRS1024
Community Visitor

Deck is the only view type that allows numerous actions which I am using to generate a state machine. Card views cannot do that. The deck view is really looking funny with two lines of text on top and a couple of buttons below them. Total waste of screen real estate. Either being able to provide a longer text as secondary header or an image could be very useful.