Faster syncing speed with link images or images on g drive?

Gaxer

I have not found information about this and I would like get more speed in the first load of the app, currently I use many images upload with Appsheet (Google Drive). I can reduce the time sync of the app with link images insteas images on drive?

For example use AWS S3 for images. I read somthing about images caching is in Cloudflare but i I donโ€™t understand.

Solved Solved
1 2 262
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ultimately the app is going to have to download the same files, whether they come from Gdrive, AWS, or any other online server. (Grantedโ€ฆ the speed of the server mattersโ€ฆ itโ€™s upload speedโ€ฆ your download speedโ€ฆ etc. etc.)

But ultimately thereโ€™s not going to be a change in the speed in which things are populated in the app - because the appโ€™s going to have to download all those images anyways.

If you reduce the image sizes, that will reduce the load time - less data to transfer.

But I donโ€™t think hosting the images in another source would increase your loading speed.

Alsoโ€ฆ if you want to go offline

Images from links are not available offline; images stored in the Gdrive will be downloaded to the device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ultimately the app is going to have to download the same files, whether they come from Gdrive, AWS, or any other online server. (Grantedโ€ฆ the speed of the server mattersโ€ฆ itโ€™s upload speedโ€ฆ your download speedโ€ฆ etc. etc.)

But ultimately thereโ€™s not going to be a change in the speed in which things are populated in the app - because the appโ€™s going to have to download all those images anyways.

If you reduce the image sizes, that will reduce the load time - less data to transfer.

But I donโ€™t think hosting the images in another source would increase your loading speed.

Alsoโ€ฆ if you want to go offline

Images from links are not available offline; images stored in the Gdrive will be downloaded to the device.

Thank you, now I understand

Top Labels in this Space