Fetch value(not key) from Last Row with condition

Hello everyone,

I have two table: Table A for registering new water ponds, and Table B which registers water level over time for different ponds.

I need the Deck view for Table A to show a VC with the last water level registry.
So I can see at a glance whatยดs the water level of that particular waterpond.

The two problems Iยดm facing:

1. I cannot use [WaterLevel] as a Key as it does not have Unique values. So MAXROW() didnยดt work for me.
  2. I would need to add a condition so that the water level matches each pond.

I solved problem #1 with this formula:
LOOKUP( MAX(Table B[_ROWNUMBER]), โ€œTable Bโ€, โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€, โ€œWaterLevelโ€ )

This way its showing the last โ€œWaterLevelโ€ for all ponds.
Im still missing the condition so that the โ€œPondsโ€ match between โ€œTable Aโ€ and โ€œTable Bโ€. Any ideas on how to add this?

Thanks for reading!

Solved Solved
0 2 273
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

ANY(
  SELECT(
    Table B[WaterLevel],
    (
      [_ROWNUMBER]
      = MAX(
        SELECT(
          Table B[_ROWNUMBER],
          ([Pond] = [_THISROW].[Pond])
        )
      )
    )
  )
)
  1. SELECT(Table B[_ROWNUMBER], ([Pond] = [_THISROW].[Pond])) gets a list of row numbers for all rows in Table B wherein the Pond column value matches the Pond column value of this (Table A) row.

2. MAX(...) gets the largest of the row numbers from (1).

3. SELECT(Table B[WaterLevel], ([_ROWNUMBER] = MAX(...))) returns a list of the one WaterLevel column value from the one row in Table B having the _ROWNUMBER column value matching the one found by (2).

4. ANY(...) converts the list of one value given by (3) into a singular value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

ANY(
  SELECT(
    Table B[WaterLevel],
    (
      [_ROWNUMBER]
      = MAX(
        SELECT(
          Table B[_ROWNUMBER],
          ([Pond] = [_THISROW].[Pond])
        )
      )
    )
  )
)
  1. SELECT(Table B[_ROWNUMBER], ([Pond] = [_THISROW].[Pond])) gets a list of row numbers for all rows in Table B wherein the Pond column value matches the Pond column value of this (Table A) row.

2. MAX(...) gets the largest of the row numbers from (1).

3. SELECT(Table B[WaterLevel], ([_ROWNUMBER] = MAX(...))) returns a list of the one WaterLevel column value from the one row in Table B having the _ROWNUMBER column value matching the one found by (2).

4. ANY(...) converts the list of one value given by (3) into a singular value.

Worked perfectly!
Once more you nailed it!
Iยดve been going around this for days.

Thanks @Steve !

Top Labels in this Space