Field value in form view is different than the same field in email template

This is interesting. I have a client generating a quote in a form and gets a different value for a field when he prints it out on the email template for the exact same field.

Does use of the email template round the value or something? (see Total Mileage field)

2X_2_255fe66940523a66db4ef2a82abab1b3b62e12b3.png

0 6 319
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Total shipping is also different.

Yes, total shipping is a calculation based on mileage.

@Daisy_Ramirez
May I ask what are the column types and how those numbers are calculated? I mean expression-wise

Here are the two calculations for column types decimal:

vir_distance:
DISTANCE(LOOKUP([Starting Point],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œGeopointโ€),LOOKUP([Destination],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œGeopointโ€))

vir_mileage:
IF(OR(ISBLANK(LOOKUP([Starting Point],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œCity Stateโ€)),ISBLANK(LOOKUP([Destination],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œCity Stateโ€))),
0,([vir_distance]*0.621371))

@Daisy_Ramirez
Firstly, you donโ€™t need 2 virtual columns to calculate this. Secondly, DISTANCE(โ€ฆ) expression returns the value as a Number/Integer, not a Decimal. Therefore, you can omit the [vir_distance] column and go on with [vir_mileage] column alone with this:

IF(
	OR(
		ISBLANK(LOOKUP([Starting Point],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œCity Stateโ€)),
		ISBLANK(LOOKUP([Destination],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œCity Stateโ€))
	),0.00,
	TRUE,
	DISTANCE(
		LOOKUP([Starting Point],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œGeopointโ€),
		LOOKUP([Destination],โ€œUS Zip Codesโ€,โ€œZipโ€,โ€œGeopointโ€)
	)*0.621371
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I certainly wouldnโ€™t think so.

Top Labels in this Space