File Column open action loads old (Cached?)version of file

I built a workflow to create a PDF in a set directory with a set name .

Ex. /Sessions/Jimmy/2020-07-01_Jimmy.pdf

I have a behavior that causes this workflow to create the PDF and set the value of a type “File column” to be the path to that pdf.

It works the file is create, I can click the file in the Details view and it opens a new tab in the browser and displays the pdf.

However. If I make changes to the record and trigger the workflow again a new pdf is created with the same name.

If I open the PDF from Goggle Docs, I see the new data.

But if I click the link for the “File” Column from my app it opens a pdf in a new tab , but it is the old PDF with the old data.

I searched my Google Docs for another copy…Nothing.

I deleted old versions of the file in Google Docs.

Open from Google Docs = Good current data
Open from File in details view = Old version of the PDF.

I Gather this is caching from somewhere but I cannot figure out where.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Mark

Solved Solved
0 8 1,521
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Correct!

Give every version of the report a different name; otherwise, you’ll get the first cached version of the file until the cache expires.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Correct!

Give every version of the report a different name; otherwise, you’ll get the first cached version of the file until the cache expires.

Thanks Steve,

I figured that is what I would have to end up doing. I was just hoping there was an alternative quick way to flush the cache.

What if we have 100+ revisions ? Is there any other alternatives?

Nope.

This is a terrible solution from a field perspective but understand the need to cache and eliminate query to data source every time. This is a huge issue for me as I am working with construction drawings which file names depend heavily on current revision number and not current markup level. Bummer. When does the cache expire as you stated above?

I don’t know, but my impression is it’s at least weeks, if not months.

Just go in behavior then offline sync and turn "The app can start when offline" off and turn "Server caching" on and also turn "Delta sync" on. Now when you edit the data and save the new version of pdf the file is updated and you see the updated pdf when you click on open pdf file button. This worked for me let me if it works for you as well.

Top Labels in this Space