File storage problem

Dear Sirs:

I would appreciate your help with the following situation. We have an app which is hosted on owner account (A) and and the data source is hosted in other account (B). We have created a workflow with action of type SAVE FILE for to get a PDF file.

The problem is that the PDF file is created in the app owner account (A) instead in the data source account (B). The โ€œDefaultโ€ option cannot be changed in the โ€œFile Storeโ€ field. We have changed the โ€œFile Folder Pathโ€ field but it only changes the file location within the app creator account (A), not the data source.

Could you help us solve this problem?

Regards.

0 10 526
10 REPLIES 10

Try changing the path here:

Thanks Marc, but this change does not take effect for PDF files, which are always saved in the ownerโ€™s account and we need the PDF files to be stored in another account, the account where the data source is. Do you have another idea?

Are we talking about Google Drive here? Is the folder that contains the data source shared with the app account owner, or just the spreadsheet file itself?

I have both cases. Data sources that come from Google Drive and with OneDrive. In both cases the accounts of my clients and I add them as data sources in my AppSheet creator account (which is Google). And I have the problem the PDF Files are created with the SAVE FILE action always in my creator account and not the account of the data source that belongs to my clients. Therefore, my clients cannot get the benefits of this very good feature.

Did you notice this?

Yes, but it cannot be changed. It only accepts the default value.

Iโ€™m afraid you can save your files only to your main data source (under the main account). If itโ€™s Google, you are not able to store it to OneDrive. The File Store option is meant for apps that use real databases like SQL.

if file storage is google and the sheets are in one drive
the idea whatโ€™s given in this link:
open file with a virtual column
will take me to one drive not to google Iโ€™m looking for an idea how to locate to google drive when just using the file names
thanks in advance

Thanks Aleksi. According you say, it seems that it is possible to save the PDF in the account of the data source if both are Google accounts (creator account and data source accunt), but I have done tests and this does not happen, it always saves the file in the creator accountor something I am skipping?

You can save to PDF to another Google Account if you add that folder as โ€œAdd to my Driveโ€ to a correct folder. Google has hidden that option from the menu, but you can do that with Shift+z

Top Labels in this Space