Filling out a webform

I have an app that collects data for a new employee. Currently, it fills in a document that we print out and physically send out for a background check. Recently theyโ€™ve added the option of filling out an online form to start the background check. Is there a way to fill out an online form using data collected in appsheet?

Iโ€™m going to guess that someone is going to point me to zapier or integromat to make this happen, but I donโ€™t know what connection I should make there.

thanks

0 7 472
7 REPLIES 7

Who is โ€˜theyโ€™? Where is the form?
Is this just a form on some background-check companyโ€™s website? A Google Form that you control?

The method to send data from AppSheet to some other form has more to do with the other form than AppSheet. It could be as simple as constructing a URL with the key=value pairs as parameters, or you may need to use webhooks or Zapier/Integromat. Or it could be impossible, depending on the form.

You may want to contact them directly or see if their site lists anything about an API or developer account.

so the background check is for the DMV. Itโ€™s just a website, not a google form, and nothing I can control. Here is the link to the form web form https://cdlis.dmv.de.gov/cdlis/

I think you might be right that it is going to be a URL witha key, at least thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m hoping.

Let me know your thoughts on it.

I didnโ€™t see anything on their site about an API or developer account. I would contact them directly. Maybe they could batch import data by sending them a CSV file, or they could have an unadvertised API.

Hereโ€™s a trick you can sometimes use for situations like this. Right-click , inspect element, get the form input elementโ€™s id value, add it into the URL with a โ€œ?โ€ and assign it a value. However it didnโ€™t work, meaning they donโ€™t have the javascript necessary to pre-fill form elements via url parameters, so you might be out of luck there, unless GreenFluxโ€™s suggestion of contacting them directly comes up with anything.

One option, if you are a programmer, may be to use puppeteer (headless web automation) or similar solution.

Iโ€™ll have to check out puppeteer, Iโ€™m not sure I would say Iโ€™m a programmer, but maybe itโ€™s something I can hire someone to build for me.

thanks

@School_Bus

Thatโ€™s something me and @Bellave_Jayaram would love to help if and when needed. Just drop us a line at levent@able3ventures.com or jayaram@able3ventures.com.

Top Labels in this Space