Filter the values on a Ref list based on a value on current form

The title says most of it but here are the details:

Table 1- I have table of customers each with there own equipment listings.
Table 2 - I have a second table where I can log corrective action items for customers and their equipment

• I have Table 2 set up so it references back to Table 1 for the full list of equipment (all equipment in the list regardless of customer).

• I wan to be able to filter the equipment list on table 2 based on the customer that I pick. only showing the equipment for that customer.

How do I do this in APPSHEET? I know 100 ways to do it in excel/googlesheets, but itโ€™s not helping me here.

Solved Solved
0 5 290
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is an AppSheet video on how to do exactly what I needed. Super simple.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I looked at that, but Iโ€™m not sure where to put the formula to get the desired results

Hi, if I understand your question rightly so, below one going to solve your need.
Go to the data section, create new slice and select the Table2 under โ€œsource tableโ€ option, after then go to โ€œrow filter sectionโ€ ,under it put an expression matching your filter condition.
Regards,
Srikanth.

Seems odd that I would filter a Table 2 slice. My data is being drawn from Table 1 (A list of customers and their equipment). On Table 2 I want to be able to pick a customer, and have the list of equipment options I can pick from be limited to only the equipment that can be found on table 1 for a given customer.

Example:

Table 1 (contains)
column 1 --------------column 2
(Customer)--------------(Equipment)
Jan Bobby --------------Hammer
Jan Bobby --------------Saw
Joe Ronny --------------Hammer
Joe Ronny --------------Saw
Jan Bobby --------------Drill
Tim Smith --------------Hammer
Joe Ronny --------------Clock

Table 2: (on the app side)
Pick Customer Name: Jan Bobby
Pick a single Equipment to Inspect (from a filtered pull down list): โ€ฆ

Because Jan Bobby was picked the list of equipment that you can select from would be limited to the following:
Hammer
Saw
Drill

Here is an AppSheet video on how to do exactly what I needed. Super simple.

Top Labels in this Space