Filter to show between now and 5 days from now

Hello,
I am completely new to App Sheet.
I am building myself an app to simply manage a spreadsheet, basic view, add, remove lines.
I am trying to make a slice of data that will only show me rows where the date in a specific column is within the next week.
More specifically, between today and 7 days from today (including today).
I canโ€™t get out of the thought of the followingโ€ฆbetween (today (), Today() +5)
But I know if I was speaking macro I would be looking to filter with an IF statement and a range perhaps?
Thank you in advance for your time!

0 6 1,389
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This?

AND(
  ([Date] >= TODAY()),
  ([Date] < (TODAY() + 7))
)

What is it that I am struggling with here? LOL. I tried to paste it in and look at the test results, but Iโ€™m not sure I am following theseโ€ฆ phrases here?

I am trying to make it a conditional filter to create a slice of my data if that helps.
I am working on a coupon database app, and I need a few things actuallyโ€ฆ

1. For a โ€œExpiring Soonโ€ page, I want the slice to filter asโ€ฆ If โ€œexpiresโ€ date is this week (Between today and 7 days from now, including today)
  2. For a โ€œUpcoming Couponsโ€ page, I want the slice to filter asโ€ฆ If โ€œExpiresโ€ date is greater than or equal to today, AND if โ€œPublishedโ€ date is less than or equal to today.

I feel like I am so out of touch with the language. I used to write VBA excel macros for my job, but I havenโ€™t in so long and I CANNOT think correctly for some reason.
Thank you for your help!

In your question, you noted that the " date in a specific column is within the next week."

You must use the name of this column and ensure it is of type date. The answer assumed this column name to be [Date] but you must use the column name you refer to where the range of dates you wish to filter appears.

Note that TODAY() is of type DATE and not DATETIME so you must make sure you are comparing apples with apples in terms of COLUMN DATA TYPE.

What is the column name you refer to?

Use
AND( ([YOUR COLUMN NAME] >= TODAY()), ([YOUR COLUMN NAME] <= (TODAY() + 5)))

AND() worked very well for both of my needs very well, I am slowly catching on to the expressions as a whole now.
Thank you both a million times!!

Top Labels in this Space