Filtered Dropdown

Hello to you all again!

I have a table with Guardians and another one with Children.

A third table, Connections, with 3 columns ID, Guardian, Children.

In the Connections table, I want the dropdown for the child to be filtered and have only the unassigned children.

I want to do this by checking the Connections table and if the child has not been on any records previously, then to have it in the dropdown.

Any clues?
Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 4 514
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlexM,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you may have a valid_if expression of somethinng like below in the Children column of the Connections table. I presume the three tables are in reference relationship.

SELECT(Children Table Name[Key Column Name of Children Table],TRUE)- SELECT(Connections Table Name[Ref Column Name in Connections Table That References Children Table],TRUE)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AlexM,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you may have a valid_if expression of somethinng like below in the Children column of the Connections table. I presume the three tables are in reference relationship.

SELECT(Children Table Name[Key Column Name of Children Table],TRUE)- SELECT(Connections Table Name[Ref Column Name in Connections Table That References Children Table],TRUE)

Subtraction between lists, never thought about it.

Thank you!

Thank you!!!

Top Labels in this Space