Filtering all EnumList values from Dropdown

Hi.

I have the following expression to filter a list of names in a drop down but I need to change to the [Name] column in the Resource_Planner_Support_Master table to an EnumList to allow the user to assign multiple names to a department.

SELECT(Work_Pattern[Monday],TRUE,TRUE)-SELECT(Resource_Planner_Support_Master[Name],
AND(
[_THISROW].[Date From]>=[Date From] ,
[_THISROW].[Date To]<=[Date To]))

How would I alter the expression above to filter out each of the [Name]s in the EnumList?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 8 337
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for that @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Bit of a strange one. I tried with your suggestion above and I was still seeing the unfiltered list but I removed the spaces between the " and the , in the expression and that appears to have worked. So my expression is now

SELECT(Work_Pattern[Monday],TRUE,TRUE)-
SPLIT( SELECT(Resource_Planner_Support_Master[Name],
AND(
[_THISROW].[Date To]<=[Date To])), โ€œ,โ€)

It is working. That is the main thing

Thanks so much.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

If you keep the expression same even with [Name] as enumlist type column, is the expression giving any errors or are the expression results erroneous?

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar

I am not getting any errors but if I create a subsequent record I am now being presented with the names from the previous record I entered. With the Enum type those names were removed but with the EnumList type they remain.

Got it. Please explore if following helps

AND(
[_THISROW].[Date To]<=[Date To])), " , ")

Thank you for that @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Bit of a strange one. I tried with your suggestion above and I was still seeing the unfiltered list but I removed the spaces between the " and the , in the expression and that appears to have worked. So my expression is now

AND(
[_THISROW].[Date To]<=[Date To])), โ€œ,โ€)

It is working. That is the main thing

Thanks so much.

Good to know it works.

Please refer the relevant article.

@Steve has nicely described how to โ€œflattenโ€ the lists composed of lists such as from enumlists.

Hi @Steve,

My testing also seems to suggest that for flattening a list of enumlist into list , one may need to use โ€œ,โ€ in SPLIT() expression rather than " , " as suggested in the LIST expressions document.

I would request your guidance and accordingly do the needful in the document.

Iโ€™m unable to reproduce this condition. Can you help me reproduce it? Perhaps you have a sample app?

Hi @Steve,

May I know at what ID I can share the test app?

May I send you a message?

Top Labels in this Space