Filtering an enum list

So I have an enum list which I want to populate from a table of personality traits. The personality traits table has a corresponding contactid that is a reference to a Contact table. However, I want the user to enter several new traits in the personality trait table for themselves and then choose the top 3 traits. So I have a field in the Contact table which is an enum list that is connected to the personality trait table; however, it brings back all the personality traits for everyone instead of just the person whose record Iโ€™m on. How can I filter the list to only see that userโ€™s personality traits for them to choose the top 3? I tried basing the data validity on a slice but it didnโ€™t workโ€ฆdonโ€™t know if Iโ€™m thinking about this all wrong. I also tried doing a โ€œREF_ROWSโ€ function in the data validity but it only brings back the ID because it has to link to the ID. Any help appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 7 2,843
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try something like the following as the Valid If for the Floor column:

FILTER(
  "table",
  AND(
    ISNOTBLANK([column]),
    ([column] = [_THISROW].[Inwestycja])
  )
)

replacing table with the name of the table referenced by the Floor column, and column (twice) with the name of the column in that referenced table that would match the value in the Inwestycja column of the Assets table.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Valid If to select a contactโ€™s own traits:

SELECT(
  Personality Traits[Trait Name],
  ([_THISROW] = [ContactID]),
  TRUE
)

Sorted alphabetically:

SORT(
  SELECT(
    TRUE
  )
)

Allow only 3 (untested):

SORT(
  IF(
    (COUNT([Top 3 Traits])) < 3),
    SELECT(
      TRUE
    ),
    [Top 3 Traits]
  )
)

Steve- thanks for all your helpโ€ฆsyntax is everything so thanks for this

Bryan Coley
Chief Creative Officer

Reel Experiences

Hi!
How to filter โ€œKondygnacjaโ€ to show in list only rows with contains โ€œInwestycjaโ€ name in it? Pic related.

Can you help me with that? I still cannot do this properly.

Try something like the following as the Valid If for the Floor column:

FILTER(
  "table",
  AND(
    ISNOTBLANK([column]),
    ([column] = [_THISROW].[Inwestycja])
  )
)

replacing table with the name of the table referenced by the Floor column, and column (twice) with the name of the column in that referenced table that would match the value in the Inwestycja column of the Assets table.

It works, thanks!

Going one step moreโ€ฆ
Is this possible to automatically make growing numeration of every part of this scheme?
For example:

1. Sun/1/1 , Sun/1/2 and so on
  2. Sun/1/1, Sun/2/2/ and so on

image|281x500

Top Labels in this Space