Filtering in custom templete report

I set up a email report for the work one employee does in a day it lays out like this:

Employee: Joe
[Start]
[Customer]: [Work Requested]
[Work Performed]
[End]

I would like to make this usable with multiple employees now but im not sure how i set up the filtering for it. I would like it to lay out like this:

Employee: [employee] (Joe)
[Start]
[Work Performed]
[End]

Employee: [employee] (Harry)
[Start]
[Work Performed]
[End]

I also would like to place certain [customer] rows in a specific order but cant wrap my head around how to do that.

0 5 204
5 REPLIES 5

You could use a Start: & End expression for that purpose. It could be likeโ€ฆ

<<Start: SELECT(Works[KeyColumn],DATE([Start])=TODAY())>>
Employee: <<[Employee]>>
Start: <<[Start]>>
<<[Customer]>>: <<[Work Requested]>>
Work performed: <<[Work Performed]>>
End: <<[End]>>
<< End >>

Sorry I donโ€™t think I explained this very well. I want all of the work employee #1 does listed, then I want employee #2 listed and so on. It looks like I need a nested Start function after the employee selection? Here is my actual set up currently. Im not sure if i should use Filter or Select as you mentioned, I dont really know the different but filter worked for me.

Josh:

<<Start:FILTER(End_of_Day, true)>>

<<UPPER([Customer])>>: <<[Start Time]>> to <<[End Time]>> (<<[Duration]>>) <<[Problems / Notes]>>

<<[Services Performed]>>

<< End >>

Does it help if you sort the order employee by employee likeโ€ฆ
<<Start: ORDERBY(SELECT(Works[KeyColumn],DATE([Start])=TODAY()),[Employee],FALSE)>>

Iโ€™ll try when Iโ€™m back in the office. Would that go in place of my Start: filter expression or would that be on addition to the start:filter expression?

You can use it with the FILTER() as well.

Top Labels in this Space