Filtering slices bases on another authenticated slice values

Hi All, i am trying to

filter one dataset(slice A)

based on …

another 1 Row line slice (Slice B) that only shows a row for the authenticated user (useremail().

Criteria
The filter should be based on the values in the slice B that matches the same columns in slice A

Both slices are from the same data source

any thoughts?

0 7 275
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the AppSheet community @Magnor_Maxi !

If your Slice B filter expression is say [Email]=USEREMAIL() returning single row per user.

Then your slice A filter expression could be something like

AND ( IN [Status A], Slice B [Status B]) , IN[ Customer A], Slice B [Customer B]) )

This is just an indicative expression. Actual will depend on your requirements, [Customer A] and [[Status A] are columns in Table A on which Slice A is based. [Customer B] and [[Status B] are columns in user details Table B on which Slice B is based.

As an important relevant reading on this user-based filtering, please go through the articles below just in case you have not. There are two different filters -Security and Slice that one will use based on app security requirements.

Thank you for the warm welcome & the response, will give it a shot!

Will this also suffice for multiple values across different columns in slice B?

Ex.Filter condition that requires a match in 3 columns?

Yes it should, with a proper combination of AND() , OR() etc,

The below sample app may be handy. It has similar concept with one difference- it is not multiple user based. So there is no Slice B or Table B of user details. But in general it could give you idea on approach.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...

Perhaps i am running into some type of syntax error? Or is email the wrong column to use for

I believe there needs to be a parentheses " ( " after your two IN statements, it should be IN ( [Email] rather than IN [Email]

Thank you! it works well! Is there a way to exclude the row with the authenticated email? That line appears in the UX view as well.

Also are you accessible for direct consulting services by the hour?

Top Labels in this Space