Filters based on user provided parameter

Hello, newbie here.

I’m creating an APP form myself (thinking on extending it for a few friends in the near future). We’re in an Olympic shooting club. I’m creating an APP to keep track of scores in trainings sessions, we currently do on paper.

I’ve a table with the different weapons I have. I have a View for this.
I’ve another table with the scores on each training session, one of the columns there is REF to the weapons table. I’ve a View for this grouped by weapon.

What I don’t know how to do is creating a chart showing the progression of the average result of each session, by weapon.
I can do a static chart by creating a slice filtering by weapon id = 1, but I don’t know how to make a “button” to let the user choose amongst the weapons registered and display in the chart the session restarted for that weapon only.

Any help is welcome!!

Thanks

2 3 158
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

Maybe the following sample app will give you some ideas

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...

Hi! Thank you!!

I made it

Nice project!
If the tables are linked through references, you should be able to see the linked scores when you are in the Weapons_Detail view, which opens up whenever you select a single wapon. Check in the Column Order field of the Weapons_Detail view, and eventually add the column of the related scores.
By the way, I’d also add a Table for storing the sessions!

Top Labels in this Space