Fingerprint Data

Hello, reviving a query from 2018. I was wondering if there are plans to have a fingerprint data field type for AppSheet. The use case is that the users want an attendance sheet with a ‘signature’ on each record saved apart from the email account field. An alternative is face recognition, but upon searching around I get the notion that the libraries for recognition (not just detection) are not yet available publicly.

Status Open
14 2 1,004
2 Comments
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

philippevg
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I am waiting for this feature as well; support for biometric scanning (specifically fingerprints). Our use case is for IDing and creating a database of Burmese migrants in Thailand, living in rural areas. Handing out QR codes, barcodes or NFC tags to these people just isn't working. People will lose them and it's easy to exchange as well. IDing by passport numbers doesn't work, many don't have one and many change their books due to loss or policy changes. IDing by name and date of birth doesn't work, many change their names and forgot or don't know their date of birth. Anyhow... fingerprints would be amazing!

I want to stay updated on this.