Fire the workflow if Today() is = to [Timestamp] in Related List

Scott_Hall
Participant V

I have a table of Collection Events where each collection event is later assigned a Disposal Event. (There are many collection events associated with a single Disposal Event)

Iโ€™ve been unable to solve the expression needed to fire a workflow from the Collection Event table if in the associated Disposal Event table the [Timestamp] column = Today()

All Iโ€™ve been able to come up with is something like:

IN(Disposal Event), [Timestamp]= Today())

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

0 6 351
6 REPLIES 6

Bahbus
Participant V

When and how is this workflow supposed to be initiated? Is [Timestamp] a Date or a Datetime?

MultiTech
Participant V

Is there a field in your collection eventโ€™s table that links the records to the Disposal event record?

Are you using a reference? If so you could try using a de-reference formula:

[Disposal_Event].[Timestamp] = today()

Otherwise youโ€™ll need to do a lookup of the disposal eventโ€™s timestamp, something like:

LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Disposal_Event], Disposal Event Table, Event ID, Timestamp) = today()

Like Bahbus was saying, it will depend on the type of the Timestamp column. Today is a DATE, if youโ€™re using a DateTime, youโ€™ll need to wrap things in a DATE() formula to force it into a date type.

DATE([Disposal_Event].[Timestamp]) = today()
DATE(LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Disposal_Event], Disposal Event Table, Event ID, Timestamp)) = today()

Scott_Hall
Participant V

@Bahbus @MultiTech_Visions Thank you. Let me try these suggestions and Iโ€™ll report back it anything works, else some clarification on the need. This has been a tricky challenge since the beginning of the app build. Iโ€™m still trying to fully understand the best way to solve this thing.

Donโ€™t feel bad. I scrapped and started over like 6 times before I got my data structured in a way that works quickly and efficiently.

@Bahbus @MultiTech_Visions

Below comes up as a valid expression. The goal is:

1. if the destruction signature from the collection event table is not blank, and
  2. the value of the [timestamp] column from the disposal event table is = to today() then the condition is met and the workflow will fire. Does this do it? Fingers crossed.

AND(DATE(LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Disposal Event], Disposal Event, Disposal Key, Timestamp)) = today(),(ISNOTBLANK([Destruction Signature])))

Looks like it should

Top Labels in this Space