first question i have a delivery food servic...

first question

i have a delivery food service i made a form that a costumer can choose everyday one food recipe from a drop down list (ref from another table)

each recipe is describe in a single row with name,photo,calorie,price how can i show the list of the ingredients for each recipe in an enum list so he can exclude one or more of the ingredients ? second question in the above table where i have all my recipes , each recipe has a date

how can i show in the above form only the recipes that has the date of tomorrow ?

0 13 443
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Laura_Ramazzotti, For your second question, you may wish to create a slice on your recipe table with filter expression [Date]=Today()+1

If you wish only only tomorrowโ€™s recipes to reach users device ,you may wish to enter this expression in security filter of the table.

Question #1 - Create a simple Incredients table with one column. Then add a Enumlist field for your your recipe table where you can add all incredients that the recipe contains. You can then show all recipents as an Enumlist again where the user can exclude them one by one.

LOOKUP is always giving you just one value. If the condition matches, it will give you the first value from that list. When you need to have a list, you need to use SELECT expression.

thanks again and never mind i founf it with a valid if

expression

Excellent!

Thank you but this is not the solution I was looking for

I used a valid if and select to make my correct list of recipes and this is working well but after I pick a recipe from this list in the form I need also some other fields to follow that selection

I tried in the initial value with table(price) but it didnโ€™t work

Please help

You can use a deref expression likeโ€ฆ [Recipe].[Price]

@Aleksi_Alkio

the expression is corect but the result is wrong this is my expression =SELECT(recipes[Lunch recipe], [date] = [_THISROW].[today] )

and what i need is the column price from table recipes to follow in the the table form

If the [Recipe] is a ref field as you mentioned in the first post, the deref formula should work in app formula or initial value.

@Aleksi_Alkio OK ! but this is correct for a ref fuction

โ€ฆ i am not using a ref fuction but a valid if

expression =SELECT(recipes[Lunch recipe], [date] = [_THISROW].[today] )

and the deref expression likeโ€ฆ [Lunch recipe].[Price] that you gave me โ€ฆthe result is the recipe name again and not the recipe price

Okayโ€ฆ you are not using a ref field. Then you can read the price likeโ€ฆ LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Recipe],Recipes,Lunch recipe,Price)

perfect !!! thanksssss

@Aleksi_Alkio for the Price this expression work perfect but what if i need that this LOOKUP([_THISROW

expression to bring me the list of the ingridients witch is at another table i try that same expression and it is working but it is only bring the first ingridient and not the whole enumlist that i need

Top Labels in this Space