Font size on formula

SKETCHwade
Participant V

Is it possible to change the font size based on a formula?
Some of our staff need glasses to use the app, but I don’t want huge font on every users device.

Status Open
5 7 723
7 Comments
MultiTech
Participant V

In a related, though completely separate scenario, I’ve got users that use a tablet to administer questionnaires to people and they need the text huge to be able to see it easily in bright daylight - but when administering via a PC we don’t need it that big.

Jonathon
Participant V

I have similar issues… I wish we could extend the CONTEXT() formula to differentiate between mobile, tablet, and browser.

Even better would be to leverage some of CSS @media functionality. Would be cool if I could CONTEXT(“Width”)>500px or something.

MultiTech
Participant V

2X_a_a5145514ca0e2ac3777818ec8ce02668c703d4ca.png
So you can’t differentiate between a mobile device and tablet, but you can between the browser, the app, and if it’s running from the server (backend things like reports).

Jonathon
Participant V

Right! I should clarify;

The problem I have is that when CONTEXT(“Host”) returns “Device”, it does not differentiate between a tablet or a mobile phone.

I find that for larger tablets, I would want them to behave as a browser rather than a “device”, but CONTEXT(“Host”) does not provide that granularity.

MultiTech
Participant V

A way I’ve gotten around that is to create a USERSETTING where people can select what type of device they’re using.

In the days when this functionality was first being created, there was talk about somehow using screen size or something like that - but this was the ultimate result.

Jonathon
Participant V

Oo; thanks for the tip, I will use that

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager