For deck type views, if I have a table with m...

For deck type views, if I have a table with multiple image columns and I choose auto as the image to be displayed, does it just randomly choose one column and only display images from that column? OR does it try to display a non blank image from each row?

I have multiple image columns in each row and not all of them will contain images for every row. Therefore, if I choose one column it will display a blank image for some rows.

I thought about solving this with a virtual column, but i canโ€™t figure it out.

Does anyone know a formula for choosing a random non blank value from one of several columns in the same row?

I was thinking SELECT(LIST([picture column],[picture column]),

{yes/no})

but I canโ€™t figure out how to formulate the yes/no to only select the non blank items in the list.

0 2 305
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Bituminous_Roadways

During testing, with โ€œautoโ€ option selected

for main image in deck view, the deck view displayed the first image column in order out of

image columns in the table.

As for VC, I request your to explore something like below

=ANY(SORT(LIST([Image1],[Image2],[Image3],[Image4]),TRUE))

In this expression, the VC will shortlist an image in order of Image4, Image3โ€ฆ

whichever it finds first as non blank , if default naming convention for image file name is used. Also the expression will expect at least one non blank image.

Awesome! that works beautifully! I added in a TOP(โ€ฆ,1) before the ANY() because i wasnโ€™t sure how random ANY() is.

if its truly random it could still choose blank rows from the list.

Top Labels in this Space