Force devices to try to sync

Is there a way to try and force all devices to try to sync all of their changes? I had a user earlier today that was trying to add a row and got the following error:
“Error: Data table ‘Filter’ is not accessible due to: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError\r\nThe service is currently unavailable. [503]\r\nErrors [\r\n\tMessage[The service is currently unavailable.] Location[ - ] Reason[backendError] Domain[global]\r\n]\r\n. Error: Data table ‘Filter FAD’ is not accessible due to: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError\r\nThe service is currently unavailable. [503]\r\nErrors [\r\n\tMessage[The service is currently unavailable.] Location[ - ] Reason[backendError] Domain[global]\r\n]\r\n.”
I have automatic updates turned on but his change did not sync all day. The sync was on his phone when I had him open it for me and synced just fine with no error. After trying to add a row myself, it sent the update in a couple seconds as expected. I was just wondering if I had a way to force devices to try and send changes so that if this happens again and I don’t happen to be across the hall from my user I can sync their changes manually.

0 2 526
2 REPLIES 2

Do you know if the user tried closing the app and re-launching to see if a new connection corrected the issue?

Well the issue was a one off and we couldn’t replicate it. I believe that his device failed to sync but allowed him into the app anyway, which caused it not to automatically sync when he made his change. Since the error was just a problem receiving a google sheet that wouldn’t have impeded his ability to make the change he did. The app is also one that this user does not frequent so it was likely that he opened it made the change then never opened the app again until I asked to see his phone.

Top Labels in this Space