Form Edit Help

I am puzzled on a situation I cant find a solution to.

I have a table for Rentals. On this table is the item, checked out by, checked out date, checked in by, and checked in date.

I have two form views for the table. Checked in_Form and Checked Out_Form.
The Checked Out_Form doesnt show any of the checked in fields and visa versa.

I have an action on an item that opens the Checked Out_Form and fills in item, checked out by, and checked out date. This works perfectly!

Here is the problem:

I have an action on my Rentals table to check in the item, which I cannot get to fill in the checked in by, or checked in date. I have individual actions to write the correct data to those fields and when I group them with an open form to edit, they do not populate. I cant do initial values on those fields because this is the second time the form will be opened. I cant do a deeplink like LINKTOFORM() because that opens a new form and writes data to a new row.
I do not want an action to simply write the data to the fields because if the item was checked in yesterday and I hit the action today, it will fill in todays date. I need to be able to open the Checked In_Form and have it pre-fill the checked in by, and checked in date.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

0 2 120
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You can use Initial valueโ€“if you enable Reset on edit?. You could give Reset on edit? an expression to trigger the โ€œresetโ€ when the row is opened in the Checked In_Form only:

"Checked In_Form" = CONTEXT("View")

See also:

This didnt seem to work.

I set the initial value on checked in by
I enabled Reset on edit with the expression โ€œChecked In_Formโ€ = CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)

Then, when I hit the action to check an item out, it opened the Checked Out_Form just as expected, but it also filled out the checked in by field.

I dont think it makes a difference but I do have a slice called Checked Out to show all of the checked out items and this is where I am checking items back in from.

Top Labels in this Space