FORM - register assembled devices

Hello, I have a problem that I cannot solve. I tell them.
I created an app, where a team can record the device assembly. Each device has an identifier (DEVICE_ID). But each batch of assembled devices that is recorded has the same characteristics. Therefore, I want to be able to create a form where you can enter the particular characteristics of the device that has been assembled, and the number of devices that have been assembled. Internally, in the DEVICES sheet of the spreadsheet where the records of the assemblies made are kept, a record must be kept for each device assembled.
For example, if they have been assembled
5 AIB_V5 devices. In the form, you can select the assembled device (AIB_V5), and add the quantity (5).
Once the assembly has been saved.
On the DEVICES sheet, 5 different IDSs must be recorded, representing the assembled AIB_V5 devices.
In this way I will avoid that the person doing the assembly registration has to load the devices one by one.

Please, if the problem is not understood, do not hesitate to contact me.
Can someone help me find the solution to the problem?

Thank you!

0 6 275
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Participant V

My understanding is you want the user to be be able to search for a type of device, choose the desired device type, indicate how many of those devices theyโ€™ve assembled, then have that many new device entries added, each device entry given its own unique ID. Is that correct?

exactly Steve!

What I imagine is a table to provide the form. In the form, the user would select the device type and enter the number assembled. When the form is saved, an on-save form action would create that number of device entries in the appropriate table, each with a different unique ID. What part of that process, specifically, do you need help with?

whit this part Steve.
When the form is saved, an on-save form action would create that number of device entries in the appropriate table, each with a different unique ID.

I show the form generated.

Hi Steve, how are you? I hope everything very well.
Steve, excuse me for consulting again, can you help me with this issue?
Thank you in advance for all the support!
I look forward to your reply!

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Adolfo_Enrique_Lobos
Have you checked out actions

Top Labels in this Space