Form view column order

9 Likes

Amazing!! Good job Appsheet team and yall who pushed for this feature

It has begun!
@Steve is this fully rolled out?

No clue. I noticed it myself this morning and chose to share. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was posted in the feature notes category with roll out and bug comments…

2 Likes

This was also this past week’s Feature Friday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s it possible to get the new editor?
I’d like to start getting used to it… :slight_smile:

Do you know if this superseeds a slice order?

I believe that’s the whole point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The refreshed editor will slowly be rolled out soon. Keep an eye out :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A very helpful improvement. Really looking forward to getting it.

1 Like

Wow! Eliminates all those slices - well overdue. Kudos AppSheet!

4 Likes

Cant wait til this gets rolled out proper. Having to regenerate columns because you wanted to tweak your forms ever so slightly will be a thing of the past.

Congrats to all the devs who are getting this feature working.

3 Likes

Any ideas to when everyone can expect this?

4 Likes

Good, after Years, better than never.

Honestly, it doesn’t change much, I always used the solution: detail view + Quick edit + Column order.

Way better for end-user responsivity, especially for long ‘form’

Not to mention that slice will be still extensively be used since their primary role are for filtering data.

Adding a filter option direclty in the view edition, will be a real game change.

2 Likes

Hi @JCadence

Everyday, I checking if new feature (change column order in form view) arrives to my account, but so far it does not… I believe it is still rolling out to all the account, but will it take more time so that 100% users (inc my self!) will be able to see this feature …

Thank you for your advice.

1 Like

Yes, I use this function + action mostly as “second-order filter” for better user insights. ( kind of navigation system )

Hi @tsuji_koichion August 4th we posted a note that we were pausing the rollout on the columnorder to fix a bug discovered. Once that’s resolved it will be rolled out.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your advice.
Well understood. Appreciate for the update in future feature release note once it is rolled out once again.

2 Likes