Form without Login

We have an App with User Sign In that is used by our backoffice.
Sometimes we need extra info from a client.
We would like to give him the possibility to open a form and enter the missing infos.
This should work without Login.

Does anybody has an idea how to do this?
I think I should create a second App. But how can I ensure, that the client only sees his own data? I would need security filter but how would be the expression?

0 8 943
8 REPLIES 8

First, for public apps, I think youโ€™ll be another appsheet accountโ€ฆ Second, from a security perspective, does it matter if each client could some how gain access to one anotherโ€™s information?

I would try to do this with an UniqueID like a token. I know thatโ€™s not ideal but I think it would be possible using security filter.
With that itโ€™s nearly impossible to see data from another client.

This would be in violation of Appsheetโ€™s terms of use for public apps.

@Fabian
Security Filters are by-default turned off with the Publisher account so the user wonโ€™t be able to read any tableโ€™s data from the app. This will also prevent you using any de-refs, lookups or anyother expressions as they will all return void. FYI.

Thank you very much for your input @Grant_Stead and @LeventK.

So is there any possibility without user sign in?

Wouldnโ€™t it be easier if you use adds instead of update. Create a public app and ask a unique code. That code could be a parent recordโ€™s ID (send it to your client with an email). Then you can see clientโ€™s reply as a related child record. If you use the security option โ€œFilter out all existing rowsโ€ it should work.

Thank you Aleksi. Sounds like a solution. Will try that.

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space