Format Rule - Grouped rows in table view I h...

Format Rule - Grouped rows in table view

I have a table that is for a shopping list similar to the Order Capture sample app that I have built for materials. I have created a table view so that I can group the items together so they are grouped by Item Name and have a quantity sum expression set up that shows at the end of the row in the view, the total rows for that Item Name. When you click on the item name in the table, you are brought to the next part of the table view showing all the rows for that item name. I have created format rules for purchased and not purchased values for their Purchased? column. When purchased, the item name turns green, when not purchased it is red. That is all working as it should.

My issue is when I have like 4 items, 3 showing purchased, one not purchased, if I go back to the previous view of the table that shows the item name and sum of quantity, the item name is green. That for me gives me an indication that all 4 are purchased even though 1 is not. I tried removing the purchased (green) formatting, and pretty much the same thing, Item name is showing black or no formatting even though 1 is red in the next view.

How can I get it so that the item name with the sum of quantity will show red when there is 1 or more items not purchased and not giving me a false representation that all things have been purchased?

Thanks for any help with figuring this out.

0 4 910
4 REPLIES 4

You should use a separate format rule for different viewsโ€ฆ and possible an addition virtual column for grouping.

@Aleksi_Alkio What would you recommend for setting up the virtual column for grouping? I have about 100 material types to group together.

Thanks

You are seeing this problem because your product has two different color status and the app can only choose one of them. If you create a virtual column and you just copy the productโ€™s value, that would be enough. If you now use this virtual product column for your grouping, you can create another formula filter for it. That format filter should give you only one color.

Can you test if changing the order of the two rules will do the trick for your particular case?

Top Labels in this Space