Is there a way to change the behaviour of a format rule to execute BEFORE a data sync has occurred?
I’m porting some app config across from our DEV app to our Test app but I’m stuck on the performance of a Format Rule.
In our DEV app, we have a format rule to change an action icon to a green tick after it’s executed.
In DEV, it changes the icon instantly, even before the action’s changes have synced to the sheet.
However our TEST app waits until AFTER the changes have synced to the sheet before the graphic changes.
In TEST, the icon does change correctly, so the format rules are working, but it’s significantly slower compared to the DEV version.
The source data sheet and calculations are (should be) close to identical.
App spec & goals:
Goal: Allow known people to check-in to our venue by selecting their own profile pic from a deck view.
- G-Sheet holding a list of members of our organisation.
- Action to write an attendance log to a google sheet.
- UX View to list all members in a deck view with the “Check in” action button on the action bar.
- V-Column to count the number of checkins for that member today (see code below)
- Format rule to change the check-in action button to Green if the v-column count is >0
v-column count code:
Attendance Count: Count a person’s check-ins today. Used by the format rule to mark a green tick.
COUNT( FILTER( "Attendance", AND( ([check-in Date] = today()), ([Membership Number]=[_THISROW].[Membership Number]) ) ) )
Pics attached below for reference.
Thanks in advance.